Provincial Annual Members Meeting
Date: June 10th, 2020
Location: Your Computer, Your Living Room
Meeting ID: 715 1210 5747
- Participates on the National Marketing and Communications Team.
- Responsible for co-ordination of provincial and national marketing, communication and promotion.
- Relays events and education sessions to SPC National for promotion.
- Identifies potential sponsors to SPC National and ensures sponsorrecognition as needed at events/courses.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Sask Provincial page on the SPC National website
- Manages Section communications with membership and provincial level partners.
- Other duties as required.
- Participates on the National Education Committee, assisting with new program development, and existing program revisions.
- In consultation with Executive Committee and SPC National, develops overall education schedule and relays plan to SPC national for promotion.
- Responsible for implementation of local and SPC National programs.
- Serves as liaison with Continuing Education in Rehabilitation Science (CERS),SPC Education Team and SMSCS in terms of education sessions.
- Other duties as required.
April Sport First Responder Course in Regina –CANCELLED!!!
In accordance with the CPA position statement from March 15, 2020, all in-person continuing education courses have been cancelled until further notice.
We have tentatively scheduled another SFR in Saskatoon on September 18-20, 2020. Stay tuned for details.
Student Merit Award
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE AWARE THAT MANY STUDENTS WON’T HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SPORT COVERAGE. WE ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK AT AWARDING THIS UNTIL LATER IN THE YEAR. STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS.
Previous Award Recipients
2019 – Jaelyse Gorchuck
2018 – Joelle Nerbas
2017 – Matthew Orkainec
Chris and Lindsay Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT DUE TO COVID-19, THE ORAL EXAMINATION PORTION WAS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. AS SUCH, WE ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK AT AWARDING THIS UNTIL THE EXAMS CAN BE RESCHEDULED. STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS.
2019 – Kristie Mueller
Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers
Two years ago, Sport Physiotherapy Saskatchewan lost a member of its Executive, Lindsay Facca. She passed away suddenly on June 7, 2016 at the age of 29. Lindsay was working in Saskatoon at Craven Sport Services, and had recently received her Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. Lindsay had been an active member of the sports community for many years. She was a Student Trainer with the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Athletics program where she worked with the Soccer and Football teams. She was also a Huskie Track and Field Athlete from 2005-2009. To honour Lindsay’s memory, Huskie Athletics has created the “Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers”. This fund will provide scholarship assistance to members of the Huskie Student Trainer Program in support of their academic accomplishments so they can achieve their dreams. We want to ensure that Lindsay’s legacy endures.
We are reaching out to the Sport Physiotherapy family in support of this Fund. Contact us, if you wish to donate. Please help us honour Lindsay and her family.
If you have any questions, you may also contact Rhonda Shishkin at Huskie Athletics.
- Leah White – Executive Chair
- Stephanie Peppler – Past Chair
- Michelle Keene – Secretary/Treasurer
- Kristie Mueller – Education Coordinator
- Vacant – Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Sarah Langevin – Membership and Events Coordinator
- Jill Apshkrum – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liason
- Daysha Shuya – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liason
- Danielle Drury – Student Representative
- Contact Email: email@example.com