New Executive Committee
Please welcome new Chair Kristie Mueller. Leah White will step into the past Chair role. Jaelyse Gorgchuck will take over Communications and Betsy Mawdsley will be our new Education Representative.
Student Merit Award
Student Merit Award Rollover
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the SPC will continue to rollover this year’s student Merit Award as there continues to be limited opportunity for event coverage to occur. We will make an effort to ensure each class affected by this rollover receives an opportunity to apply in the future. Please contact us if you have further questions.
The Student Merit Award provides is a $200 monetary award for students participating in sport across the province. Students must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the award:
1. Must be a registered physiotherapy student at the University of Saskatchewan in the second year of the program (*please note students in second year in 2020, will be eligible to apply in 2021. There will be a separate award for second year students in 2021).
2. Must accumulate 20 or greater hours of event coverage
3. Have a minimum valid first aid and CPR certification or greater
4. Must be a Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
5. Complete the application form, the verification of hours form and complete the 250 word written essay
* note all applicants who apply for the Merit Award will receive one year free membership from SPC
To access the appropriate forms, please feel free to contact the SPC- Sk Division Executive at Saskatchewan@sportphysio.ca
Previous Award Recipients
2019 – Jaelyse Gorchuck
2018 – Joelle Nerbas
2017 – Matthew Orkainec
Chris and Lindsay Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award
The Examinations have been rescheduled! Please remember to apply if you qualify!
This Award was established in the memory and celebration of the lives of Chris and Lindsay Facca. This annual award recognizes Saskatchewan physiotherapists who embody the qualities and ideals of the Facca’s and who have shown accomplishment and successful completion in either the certificate or diploma portion of the Sport Physiotherapy Canada credentialing program.
To be considered for the $1000.00 Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award, Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered physiotherapist in the province of Saskatchewan and a Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
- Must show proof of successful completion of the certificate or diploma portion of the Sport Physiotherapy Canada credentialing program in the same calendar year in which the Chris and Lindsay Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award is to be granted
- Has not receive the Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award in the past
- All materials must be postmarked no later than June 15th, 2021. Complete and forward this form and the required documentation to the SPC- SK Division Membership Director at Saskatchewan@sportphysio.ca.
2019 – Kristie Mueller
Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers
Two years ago, Sport Physiotherapy Saskatchewan lost a member of its Executive, Lindsay Facca. She passed away suddenly on June 7, 2016 at the age of 29. Lindsay was working in Saskatoon at Craven Sport Services, and had recently received her Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. Lindsay had been an active member of the sports community for many years. She was a Student Trainer with the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Athletics program where she worked with the Soccer and Football teams. She was also a Huskie Track and Field Athlete from 2005-2009. To honour Lindsay’s memory, Huskie Athletics has created the “Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers”. This fund will provide scholarship assistance to members of the Huskie Student Trainer Program in support of their academic accomplishments so they can achieve their dreams. We want to ensure that Lindsay’s legacy endures.
We are reaching out to the Sport Physiotherapy family in support of this Fund. Contact us, if you wish to donate. Please help us honour Lindsay and her family.
If you have any questions, you may also contact Huskie Athletics.
- Kristie Mueller – Executive Chair
- Past Chair – Leah White
- Michelle Keene – Secretary/Treasurer
- Betsy Mawdsley – Education Coordinator
- Jaelyse Gorgchuk – Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Sarah Langevin – Membership and Events Coordinator
- Jill Apshkrum – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liason
- Daysha Shuya – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liason
- Danielle Drury – Student Representative
- Sam Whiting – Student Representative
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Constitution & Bylaws
In accordance with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s Rules and Regulations Document (Revised 2018), the Sport Physiotherapy Canada – Saskatchewan Section will abide by the guidelines set forth by the CPA; specifically Appendix F from the attached document.