Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC), along with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), have undergone a significant risk assessment and have identified it best to cancel all in-person SPC and CPA partnered events until May 31, 2020. The promotion and protection of health is our number one priority.
What this means for SPC Members-
Summary of Key Decisions
• SPC In-person Annual Members Meeting (April 30, 2020) will be cancelled. The SPC National Executive Committee, along with CPA, will be exploring on-line/webinar style options to deliver pertinent information and best serve our members.
• SPC Mentor Meeting (April 30, 2020) will be cancelled. Here too, the SPC National Executive Committee will be exploring on-line/webinar style options to deliver pertinent information and updates to our Mentors.
• SPC Credential Exams (May 2-4, 2020) will be rescheduled. The SPC Executive Committee and the Chief Examiner will be exploring alternative date options for the 2020 Oral/Practical exam. Further information regarding exam fees, dates etc will be communicated directly to candidates in a subsequent email.
• In-person Courses will be rescheduled. CPA and SPC will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation carefully and will be seeking alternate dates for all in-person courses that were scheduled prior to May 31, 2020.
• CPA has asked that divisions suspend all non-essential digital communication and initiatives with members until March 31, 2020. This relates specifically to SPC National & Provincial section E-Blasts, Momentum “magazine” and Webinars with the intention of freeing up the lines of communication for information regarding COVID-19. This policy will be revisited at the end of March 2020.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.
Take good care,