SPC Saskatchewan Division Annual Members Meeting
Sport Physiotherapy Saskatchewan will be holding our Annual Members Meeting on Thursday, May 30th, 2019. Following this, Dr. Jordan Buchko, Orthopaedic Surgeon, will speak to us on Femoral Acetabular Impingement. Social to follow. A remote viewing option will be available through Zoom Videoconferencing for our members outside of Regina (see details below).
- Date: Thursday, May 30, 2019
- 6 pm – Meeting
- 7 pm – Dr. Buchko
- 8 pm – Social
- Location: The Cathedral Social Hall, Regina
- Cost: Free for members, $5 non-members
Zoom Login Information is available upon request. Please contact us for details.
- Reports to the Section Executive Committee and general membership on finances.
- Oversees all financial transactions and reporting.
- Develops and monitors the budget.
- Records minutes and maintains records of all Executive and General Meetings.
- Other duties as required
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Participates on the National Marketing and Communications Team.
- Responsible for co-ordination of provincial and national marketing,communication and promotion.
- Relays events and education sessions to SPC National for promotion.
- Identifies potential sponsors to SPC National and ensures sponsorrecognition as needed at events/courses.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Sask Provincial pageon the SPC National website
- Manages Section communications with membership and provincial levelpartners.
- Other duties as required.
- Membership/Events Coordinator
- Identifies local promotion and member event opportunities.
- Co-ordinates representation at promotional events (1.e. Tradeshows,Career Days, Sport and Recreation conferences.)
- Co-ordinates local program/event delivery, including sponsorpromotion/recognition in connection with Marketing and Communications
- Provides back up support to Education Director on course delivery asneeded.
- Provides local link to SPC National Events Team – may participate onEvents Team as needed.
- Maintains membership lists and certification renewals.
- Monitors member needs and provide support to Education Director indetermining key areas of member interest.
- Participates on SPC National Membership Development Team, identifyingoverall strategy and managing provincial implementation to
increase/support SPC membership
- Develops student engagement plans with Student Engagement Liaisonand actively supports promotion efforts with the student population.
- Co-ordinate Member Awards.
- Other duties as required.
Please contact us for more information and how to apply.
Congratulations to Jaelyse Gorgchuck our 2019 Student Merit Award Winner!!
Sport First Responder – September 6 – 8, 2019 Saskatoon, SK
Sport Taping – November 30, 2019 Saskatoon, SK
Protective Equipment – December 1, 2019 Saskatoon, SK
Huskie Athletics at the University of Saskatchewan is looking to hire two full time equivalent Physiotherapist Positions. See link below for more information and how to apply.
SPC Webinar Series
As you may know, Sport Physiotherapy Canada has been offering educational events via Webinar. Four webinars have been produced so far and follow the theme “Lifespan of the Athlete”. SPC – Saskatchewan would like to thank Dr. Scotty Butcher from the University of Saskatchewan who recently contributed to the webinar series this past November. If you missed this webinar, or would like to access any of the other webinars in the Lifespan series (listed below), they have been recorded and can be accessed by contacting us.
Chris and Lindsay Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award
This Award was established in the memory and celebration of the lives of Chris and Lindsay Facca. This annual award recognizes Saskatchewan physiotherapists who embody the qualities and ideals of the Facca’s and who have shown accomplishment and successful completion in either the certificate or diploma portion of the Sport Physiotherapy Canada credentialing program.
To be considered for the $1000.00 Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award,
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Must be a registered physiotherapist in the province of Saskatchewan and a Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
– Must show proof of successful completion of the certificate or diploma portion of the Sport Physiotherapy Canada credentialing program in the same calendar year in which the Chris and Lindsay Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award is to be granted
– Has not receive the Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award in the past
– All materials must be postmarked no later than June 1st , 2019.
Please contact us for an application form.
Student Merit Award
Merit Award- Saskatchewan Section
The Sport Physiotherapy Canada-Sk. Division Executive has been hard at work to develop a $200.00 merit award to encourage and reward our student members for their participation in sport throughout the province. Students must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for the award:
1. Must be a registered physiotherapy student at the University of Saskatchewan in the second year of the program
2. Must accumulate 20 or greater hours of event coverage
3. Have a minimum valid first aid and CPR certification or greater
4. Must be a Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
5. Complete the attached form, the verification of hours form and complete the 250 word written essay
* note all applicants who apply for the Merit Award will receive one year free membership from SPC
If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the SPC-SK Division Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Information & Application: Sask- Merit Award
Previous Award Recipients
2019 – Jaelyse Gorchuck
2018 – Joelle Nerbas
2017 – Matthew Orkainec
Third World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy
SPC is thrilled that IFSPT chose us to host the 2019 Third World Congress for Sports Physical Therapy. Join us at the Vancouver Convention Centre on October 4-5, 2019 to gain new tools for your toolbox with our conference theme – High Performance to Clinical Practice!
Registration now open!
Venue announced: The 2019 Third World Congress will be held October 4-5, 2019 at the Vancouver Convention Centre!
Connect with us! Your source to stay up to date with the conference!
SPC Diploma Mentors. We need you!!!
The Saskatchewan Section is looking for Diploma and Certificate holding members to offer their services as mentors to newer Physiotherapists looking to progress through the SPC Certificate/Diploma Program. If you are interested in being a mentor, please contact us and we will have you added as a Provincial Mentor on the Sport Physiotherapy Canada List.
Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers
Two years ago, Sport Physiotherapy Saskatchewan lost a member of its Executive, Lindsay Facca. She passed away suddenly on June 7, 2016 at the age of 29. Lindsay was working in Saskatoon at Craven Sport Services, and had recently received her Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. Lindsay had been an active member of the sports community for many years. She was a Student Trainer with the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Athletics program where she worked with the Soccer and Football teams. She was also a Huskie Track and Field Athlete from 2005-2009. To honour Lindsay’s memory, Huskie Athletics has created the “Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers”. This fund will provide scholarship assistance to members of the Huskie Student Trainer Program in support of their academic accomplishments so they can achieve their dreams. We want to ensure that Lindsay’s legacy endures.
We are reaching out to the Sport Physiotherapy family in support of this Fund. Contact us, if you wish to donate. Please help us honour Lindsay and her family.
If you have any questions, you may also contact Rhonda Shishkin at Huskie Athletics.
Additional Course Offerings
Ignite Physio Strength and Conditioning Rehab Mentorship Group
- What is this?
- a continuing education opportunity (monthly webinars and/or online lectures) for advanced learning and ed credits
- ongoing mentorship in application of clinical S&C to daily practice (clinical scenarios and feedback on programming, coaching, cueing, and technique)
- a discussion forum to get your clinical questions answered by myself and a team of experts on clinical S&C • ability to get feedback through video submissions
- ongoing development of content based in YOUR needs
- What is this?
- Registration info:
- Open to physiotherapists and Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Presented by: Dr. Scotty Butcher and Colleagues
- When: ongoing
- Where: online
- Cost: $49/month
- Stephanie Peppler – Executive Chair
- Matthew Okrainec – Secretary/Treasurer
- Kristie Mueller – Education Coordinator
- Leah White – Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Vacant – Membership Coordinator
- Vacant – Events Coordinator
- Jill Apshkrum – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liason
- Daysha Shuya – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liason
- Contact Email: email@example.com