Ryan Williams– Chair email@example.com
Linda Truong- Treasurer
Carolyn Williams– Secretary
Danielle Bles– Marketing and Communications
Mercedes Eustergerling– Education
Chris Holt– Membership Development
Alex Yaworski- Special Events
Steven Haslett– Student representative
Sport Physiotherapy Alberta is pleased to announce a new initiative involving local sport organizations. We are offering courses for coaches, athletes, parents and the general public. These courses will be delivered by a member of Sport Physiotherapy Alberta and they are designed to provide accurate, affordable and evidence-based information about their sport. Topics can include sport injury prevention and management, protective equipment, warm up and cool down and concussions. If there is a specific topic of interest in the group, this information can be presented and there will be Q & A sessions to address any areas of interest. If you know of a sport organization that might be interested in such an information session, they can contact Mercedes at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can provide them with the fees, detailed information and the registration form.
SPC Alberta Division Student Merit Award:
The Sport Physiotherapy Canada-AB Division Executive has been hard at work to develop a $200.00 merit award to encourage and reward our student members for their participation in sport throughout the province. SPC-AB will award one $200 Merit Award to the most deserving student based on the following criteria:
1. Must be a registered physiotherapy student at the University of Alberta in their third (graduating) year of the program
2. Must accumulate 20 or greater hours of team/event medical coverage
3. Have a minimum valid first aid and CPR certification or greater
4. Must be a current Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
5. Complete the application form
6. Complete the 250 word written essay on the topic provided
7. Provide a complete clinical resume including all volunteer hours spent working with teams/athletic events
*Please email email@example.com for a copy of the application form.
All materials must be postmarked no later than December 1, 2015.
* note all applicants who apply for the Merit Award and meet all the eligibility criteria will receive a one year free membership from Sport Physiotherapy Canada.
If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Chris Holt, the Membership Development Director of SPC-AB Division,at Chris@summersidephysio.com.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS:
2016 Skate Canada Challenge Edmonton Alberta
December 2-6, 2015
Sport physio certification recommended for rink side coverage and medical room coverage
see skatecanada.ca for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org