Dates: May 2023
Registration Period: Winter 2023
Deadline: March 2023
PREREQUISITES | DIPLOMA ORAL PRACTICAL EXAM APPLICANT
- Be a valid Certificate Level Credential Holder
- Achieved your Certificate in or prior to 2020
- If prior to 2020, a valid MoC
- Successfully passed the Diploma Written Exam (within the past 3 years)
- Be a member in good standing of Sport Physiotherapy Canada.
- Hold a valid First Responder Certificate from a recognized National body such as SPC, Canadian Red Cross,. St. John’s Ambulance
- Achieved the additional minimum of 200 hours of document practical experience (see note on hours below)
- Experience should be gained in at least six (6) different sports, in two (2) of these six (6) sports, involvement must extend over two (2) full seasons with a team or club
- Full Season includes pre-season training camp, regular season games and practices, and post-season evaluation and programing
- One (1) of the two (2) sports should be a team contact or collision sport (i.e. hockey, lacrosse, soccer, judo, et)
- Two (2) sports covered over two (2) seasons should have a minimum of 75 hours* of practical experience for each sport
- Submission of a summary of hours report required
- A letter of recommendation from a recognized SPC Mentor
EXAM FEE: $800 + tax
LANGUAGE(S): English / French
REGION: East / West
REGISTER: Stay tuned to E-Blasts or the website!
– Upon completing the registration form, candidates must also submit their supporting documents using the link provided in order for their application to be deemed complete.
– The creation of the exam schedule is incredibly complex and time consuming, we appreciate your understanding and request that your availability is open and flexible for the entire weekend.
– Priority will be given to candidates who reside within each exam region. Please do not apply “out of region”.
– Switching – date/time will not be permitted once the exam schedule is set.
– Cancellations received prior to the registration deadline will receive a full refund, minus a $75 administrative fee
– Cancellations received after the registration deadline until a month before the exam will receive a 50% refund
– Cancellations received within a month of the event are not eligible for a refund, unless a medical or extenuating circumstance can be provided
Candidates should expect an email within a month of the event with their date/time slot.
Resources, including the Certificate Marking Guide (example), can be accessed: https://www.sportphysio.ca/sportphysiou/spc-mentor-corner/program-resources/