Dates: May 2023
Registration Period: Winter 2023
Deadline: March 2023
PREREQUISITES | CERTIFICATE ORAL PRACTICAL EXAM APPLICANT
- A graduated physiotherapist
- SPC Member and in good standing
- Current First Responder Certification
- Successfully passed the Certificate Written Exam (within the past 3 years)
- 200 hours (minimum) document practical experience
- experience must be gained in at least two (2) sports
- a minimum of 75 hours per sport
- one (1) sport must be a contact sport (i.e. hockey, football, lacrosse, etc..)
- report should highlight responsibilities and skills practiced, particularly taping
- Letter of recommendation from a recognized SPC Mentor
EXAM FEE: $800 + tax
LANGUAGE(S): English / French
REGION: East / West
REGISTER: Stay tuned to E-Blasts or the website!
– Upon completing the registration form, candidates must also submit their supporting documents using the link provided in order for their application to be deemed complete.
– Candidates are to block the entire weekend. Switches – date / time, will not be permitted. Creating the exam schedule is incredibly complex and time consuming, we appreciate your understanding.
– Priority will be given to candidates who reside within each exam region. Please do not apply “out of region”.
– Cancellations received prior to the registration deadline will receive a full refund, minus a $75 administrative fee
– Cancellations received after the registration deadline until a month before the exam will receive a 50% refund
– Cancellations received within a month of the event are not eligible for a refund, unless a medical or extenuating circumstance can be provided
Candidates should expect an email within a month of the event with their date/time slot.
Resources, including the Certificate Marking Guide (example), can be accessed: https://www.sportphysio.ca/sportphysiou/spc-mentor-corner/program-resources/