Exam Date: Friday, November 12th, 2021 at 14h00 / 2:00 pm EST
Registration Period: Wednesday, September 1st – Friday, October 15th, 2021
PREREQUISITES OF THE DIPLOMA EXAM APPLICANT
- Be a valid Certificate Level Credential Holder
- Achieved your Certificate in or prior to 2019*
- If prior to 2019, a valid MoC
- Be a member in good standing of Sport Physiotherapy Canada.
- Hold a valid First Responder Certificate from a recognized National body such as SPC, Canadian Red Cross,. St. John’s Ambulance
- Achieved the additional minimum of 200 hours of document practical experience (see note on hours below)
- Experience should be gained in at least six (6) different sports, in two (2) of these six (6) sports, involvement must extend over two (2) full seasons with a team or club
- Full Season includes pre-season training camp, regular season games and practices, and post-season evaluation and programing
- One (1) of the two (2) sports should be a team contact or collision sport (i.e. hockey, lacrosse, soccer, judo, etc…)
- Two (2) sports covered over two (2) seasons should have a minimum of 75 hours* of practical experience for each sport
- Submission of a summary of hours report required
- A letter of recommendation from a recognized SPC Mentor
Hours used towards obtaining the Certificate level will not be eligible. However, any excess hours accumulated during the time a candidate is challenging for their Certificate level can be used towards the hours required for the Diploma. For example, if a candidate accumulated 250 hours during their time challenging for the Certificate, the additional 50 hours can be used towards the additional 200 hours required to challenge for the Diploma.
SPC recognizes that over the past 18 months, COVID restrictions may have impacted a candidate’s ability to obtain the required hours of experience in contact and/or other sport. Candidates who are shy of the required hours, up to 15%, will be permitted to write the exam on the basis that the candidate:
a) Complete the hours prior to the Oral Exam
b) Have their Mentor submit of a “letter of guarantee”
*Certificate holders who feel they have acquired enough practical experience to challenge for their Diploma level within 2 years of achieving their certificate or request an exception to any of the above requirements can request an exemption.
1.Completed Request for Exception: Diploma Candidate application form
2. Mentor Letter of Support – highlighting the candidate has sufficiently fulfilled the requirements to complete their diploma
Requests will be reviewed by a case-by-case basis by the Chief Examiner and Assistant to the Chief Examiner.