Volleyball Canada is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Subject to human rights legislation, Volleyball Canada requires the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and as a part of its legal obligation under the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Proof of vaccination will be required at a later date. Reasonable proof of the existence of a protected ground under human rights legislation may be required, if applicable.
Based in Gatineau, QC, Team Canada Men’s Volleyball is seeking a seasonal therapist. The successful applicant will provide therapy support in training and competition. This position will be specifically focused on work with our Senior National team members.
Length of Contract
Seasonal (Primarily, April – September).
Role and Responsibilities:
Basic responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
• Develop and deliver physiotherapy support, including manual therapies and other modalities, to members of the Men’s National Team Program during all training and competition that falls within the duration of this contract, as mutually agreed upon.
• Conducting baseline musculoskeletal assessments of athletes and screenings to assess health and physical condition
• Lead primary prevention initiatives on and away from the field of play.
• Managing immediate and longer-term rehabilitation of athletes (maintain accurate and up to date
electronic medical records (EMR), assist in coordinating specialist appointments and
• Developing treatment plans based on clinical assessment, diagnostic imaging, and other
• Evaluate current research to broaden your knowledge of the sport as well as general knowledge
of trends and findings within the field of therapy
• Maintain medical supply inventory, and coordinate the packing of medical kit and extra equipment
when the team travels to competitions
• Develop appropriate Emergency Action Plan for various training environments
• Communicate effectively as part of a high performing interdisciplinary team
• Work using a collaborative approach to tackle sport specific challenges and questions
• Consult and refer specific athlete issues to relevant practitioners within the IST
• Adhere to any professional codes of conduct appropriate to your profession or other codes of
conduct that might be deemed applicable to sports science and sports medicine practitioners in general
• Advanced degree (M.Sc.) in Physiotherapy or Certified Athletic Therapist in good standing with CATA
• Professional liability insurance
• Valid Sport First Responder Certification and/or valid CPR-HCP and/or Basic Life Support (BLS)
• AED Certifications
• Ability to travel and work irregular hours and weekends.
• Sport Physiotherapy Certificate or Diploma (SPC), FCAMPT, Acupuncture and IMS certification would be considered assets.
• 3-5+ years of experience working in a high-performance sport environment (including National and International Competitions).
• Experience developing and implementing injury prevention routines for athletes
• Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Bilingualism in Canada’ official languages
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with a high degree of independence and initiative.
• Good team building skills and the ability to be flexible and adjust to changing priorities
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and previous involvement within, an International/Professional sport
• Valid driver’s license
Volleyball Canada reserves the right to request a Police record check prior to offering a contract
Based on the candidates’ experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and short resume (by e-mail only) listing relevant experience to Michael Cook at email@example.com
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2022