Group23 Sports Medicine empowers patients to rise above injury by offering a collaborative healthcare experience. We have onsite Physiotherapy, Massage, Weight and Lifestyle Management, Sports Psychology, the Benson Concussion Institute and Sport Medicine.
Calgary’s best athletes and professional teams, including the Calgary Flames, Calgary Stampeders and Hockey Canada, count on Group23 for timely medical care so they can recover quickly and get back to the top of their game.
We are currently seeking a full-time Physiotherapist to cover for a maternity leave. The position will be Monday-Friday until closing.
The Physiotherapist is responsible for treatment of clients with musculoskeletal disorders, conditions and diseases. This is an opportunity to work with a group of individuals who collectively believe in patient-centric, collaborative care. At Group23 Sports Medicine, we strive not only to help our patients return to peak performance by helping them overcome injury, we empower them to rise above injury.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• A graduate of a recognized university Physiotherapy degree program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing physiotherapist working with an athletic client load or managing the service provision for high performance teams.
• Experience in treating musculoskeletal/sports medicine patients preferred.
• Strong ability to interact with other healthcare professionals, the clinical and administrative staff and the public is essential
• Ability to educate, advise and motivate people.
• Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team preferred.
• Ability to provide guidance to junior level staff (ie. Physiotherapist aides).
• Excellent manual skills.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational and administration skills.
• Dedication to lifelong learning to continuously develop knowledge and skills for the purpose of improving client outcomes and physiotherapy practice.