Craven SPORT services is pleased to be launching our Sport Physiotherapy Fellowship program through our Saskatoon, SK clinic.
The aim of this program is to provide education, mentorship, clinical, and field experiences to physiotherapists looking to expand their practice in the areas of sport and orthopaedic physiotherapy. Open to both recent graduates and more experienced practitioners, this program is designed to foster physiotherapists who are leaders in their field.
Fellows will exit the program with:
– Improved clinical skills and competence in the management of sport and orthopaedic injuries in a broad range of populations (including both athletic and general populations, across all ages and stages of the LTAD model)
– Competence and experience in managing all aspects of athlete health, including pre-season screening, monitoring, injury surveillance, on-field acute injury management, clinical assessment, rehabilitation, and return-to-sport programming
– An understanding of experience with collaborative and interdisciplinary care in the management of both athletic and general populations
– Competence and confidence in the management of on-field injuries in a variety of sport settings (collision, contact, combative, non-contact)
– Experience in planning and organizing medical event coverage for sporting events
– A wide breadth of private-practice and community outreach physiotherapy experience
The fellowship experience includes:
– SPC-approved and certified mentors, including Bruce Craven, Rhonda Shishkin, and Adrienne Stinson.
– Full-time work-weeks, divided by approximately 25 hours of patient time (including in-clinic appointments with athlete and general population clients, as well as off-site medical event coverage), and 15 hours of mentorship hours each week. Please note that some evening and weekend work is required.
– Hands-on experience with athletes across their lifespan (including developmental athletes, high performance athletes, and ‘active for life’/retired athletes)
– Curriculum requirements for the Sport Physiotherapy Canada practical hours, and the preparation for both oral and written exams.
– A student-centered approach to mentorship, wherein Mentors coach and facilitate the Fellow throughout their time at Craven SPORT services
– Teaching experience wherein Fellows may develop and deliver content to MPT and Kinesiology students in a classroom setting, to athletes/coaches/parents in a workshop settings, and to PT colleagues for in-clinic in-services.
– Mentorship opportunities with additional healthcare professionals, including physicians, surgeons, radiologists, dieticians, a mental performance consultant, podiatrist, sports dentist, occupational therapist, and more)
– License to Practice Physiotherapy in Saskatchewan
– Professional Liability Insurance
– Professional Responder Certification
– CSCS or CEP although not required may be an asset
Program details are as follows:
Duration: 11 months
Start dates : January 1 (ends November 30)
August 1 (ends June 30)
Number of positions: 1 per start date
Application Procedures and Deadlines:
– Letter of Intent
– Current CV
– Deadline for January 1 start: October 18, 2019
– Deadline for August 1 start: March 31, 2020
Applications may be submitted to Rhonda Shishkin, Craven SPORT services Managing Director, at email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted.