Position: Registered Physiotherapist
Clinic name: Trent Health in Motion
Location: Peterborough, Ontario (Trent University Athletic Centre)
Closing date: When position is filled
Trent Health in Motion is located within the Trent University Athletics Centre on the picturesque shores of the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario. We are seeking a physiotherapist with strong clinical reasoning and communication skills to join our multidisciplinary team. Our clinical team includes a sports medicine physician, physiotherapists, pelvic physiotherapists, chiropractor, massage therapists, athletic therapist, dietitian and a personal trainer. We can offer part-time hours and the opportunity to grow to full-time.
Trent Health in Motion is committed to the health and safety of our staff and clients. We comply with all public health measures and have implemented various safety protocols, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This policy requires all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We provide physiotherapists with:
- A fun and supportive work environment with a friendly group of colleagues
- Electronic charting and strong administrative support
- A beautiful clinic space with direct access to a state-of-the-art Swimex Hydrotherapy pool and fully equipped gym
- The opportunity for mentorship with FCAMPT physiotherapists, and to work with a sports medicine physician who also specializes in pregnant and postpartum populations
- Regular clinical inservices and opportunities for collaboration with interprofessional colleagues
- Opportunities for both on-field and in-clinic experience with Varsity athletes
- Opportunities to participate in teaching and research with Trent University
- Competitive independent contractor compensation
- Possibility for employee compensation package, including paid vacation and sick days, continuing education allowance and an extended health benefits plan (for the ideal candidate, after 3 months at full time)
Our ideal team member:
- Registered to practice in Ontario
- Is compassionate, personable, and a team player
- Is open to participation in health promotion and clinic marketing initiatives
- Committed to continuing education and professional development
- Values collaboration within a multidisciplinary team
- Interested in participating in some sideline coverage for Trent Excalibur Varsity sports, and in becoming a certified sports first responder (if they are not already certified)
- Interest/experience in Sport Physiotherapy, Pelvic Health / Perinatal Care, and/or Seniors’ Health is an asset, although all applicants will be considered.
If you are interested in growing as a physiotherapist, being a member of a multidisciplinary team, in a state of the art clinic and athletic facility, on an energetic university campus, then this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Trent Health in Motion
We thank all applicants however, due to the high volume of applications, we will only respond to those under consideration.
Trent Health in Motion is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.