Title: Men’s National Team Therapist
Type of Position: Full Time
Location: Al Charron National Training Centre – Langford, British Columbia
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The men’s national team therapist will be responsible for providing therapy support duties to the senior men’s national rugby team.
• Act as a tour therapist for all senior 15s national team tours and assemblies.
• During assemblies, communicate with senior national team coaches about player health and injury status.
• Attend all team training sessions and camps, providing taping, and injury assessment during the day as needed.
• Work with other therapists, doctors, S&C, sport science and coaching staff to ensure effective Return to Play strategies for injured players.
• Liaise with the medical staff of professional clubs that employ Canadian players and provide weekly updates to head coach.
• Assist with remote monitoring of decentralized 15s players in alignment with S&C.
• Maintain comprehensive player treatment, charting and injury records within the organizations EMR software (The Sports Office).
• Assist in the maintenance of clinic equipment and supplies.
• Recruitment and management of contract therapists to assist with senior men’s tours and camps.
• Assist manager and insurance coordinator with processing insurance claims.
• Provide support to academy and 7s therapists during designated time periods (typically January to May).
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Physiotherapist or Athletic Therapist who is a certified with a provincial college of Physiotherapists or Canadian Athletic Therapy Association.
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Athletic Therapy, Physiotherapy, Sports Medicine, Kinesiology etc.
• Experience working in professional or high-performance sport.
• Ability to work in fast paced high pressure environment.
• Ability to work in collaborative fashion with Physicians, Coaches, S&C coaches and other performance staff.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Immediate Care in Rugby certification from World Rugby
• Broad treatment and rehabilitation skill set.
• Experience working in rugby or similar contact sport.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Works closely with internal staff including: Athletes, Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, Therapists, S&C Coaches, Physicians, Managers and other Rugby Canada administrators.
Works closely with external partners including: World Rugby medical staff, medical staff of professional clubs.