FIELD HOCKEY CANADA JOB POSTING
POSITION: Integrated Support Team (IST) Lead and Physiotherapist
Field Hockey Canada (FHC) is the national sport governing body responsible for the development, growth and promotion of field hockey in Canada. Among its responsibilities and in collaboration with a variety of partners, FHC selects, prepares and promotes Canada’s teams towards the goal of delivering sustained podium performances in international competitions including FIH World League, Continental Championships, World Championships, and major multi-sport games.
Reporting to the High Performance Director(HPD) and working in conjunction with the MNT and WNT Head Coaches, the IST Lead will guide and oversee Field Hockey Canada’s applied strategy of Sport Sciences and Sport Medicine services to National Team events and activities and lead the treatment of athletes in the Field Hockey Canada Men and Women’s National Teams daily training environment. The IST Lead will possess a physiotherapist practitioner background.
• Work directly with the HPD in the development of the Own The Podium annual review process and in developing the Sport Sciences and Sport Medicine portfolio of the High Performance Plan.
• Provide direct oversight of the IST team during designated Field Hockey Canada events, camps, competitions, and Olympic Games/World Cups.
• Provide evaluative feedback of programs and service providers to Field Hockey Canada.
• Drive the SS/SM program evaluation process for the High Performance program.
• Work with Next Gen IST leads to develop regular multi-dimensional athlete meetings to identify required IST support for athletes within the program.
• Develop injury reporting, return to play and athlete assessment protocols.
• Implement a thorough monitoring, tracking and testing process to ensure that athletes are making the desired progress
• Lead, in conjunction with HPD and relevant medical staff, COVID-19 protocols for travel, camps, and competitions.
• Communicate daily with National Team Head Coaches on status of injured players, and rehabilitation plans.
• Manage IST contractors.
• Evaluate current research to broaden knowledge of the sport as well as general knowledge of trends and findings in the discipline
• On field presence at National Team (men and women) training sessions.
• International travel required. Travel to occur during 2021 will involve travel during the COVID-19 pandemic to areas and events that have been approved and are low risk for athletes and staff.
• Required on occasion to work irregular hours and be on-call for emergencies for time sensitive and priority issues.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum four years experience working in high performance sport in the delivery and leadership of IST services.
• Possesses BSc or MSc Physiotherapy, Sport Physiotherapy (SPC) Diploma, and is registered with Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC)
• Strong leadership abilities.
• Ability to integrate and work alongside coaches and high-level sport administrators.
• Good knowledge of the Canadian sport system and key trends in international high performance sport
• Demonstrated experience in all aspects of Sport Science & Medicine with past experience leading subject matter experts and integrated support teams.
• Excellent planning, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
• Excellent inter-personal, negotiation, collaboration and communication characteristics.
• Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative in problem solving;
• Bilingualism is considered an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• This is a full time position with benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
• Hiring is subject to the individual completing a criminal record check and providing evidence of practitioner qualifications.
• This position is contingent on Sport Canada and Own the Podium Funding
• This position will be based in Vancouver, British Columbia
• Start Date: ASAP
If you believe you possess the appropriate experience and skill set for this important role, please submit your resume, covering letter and salary expectations to Adam Janssen, High Performance Director: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10th, 2021.