Job Title: Scotland U19 Women’s Athletic Trainer/Physio
Location: Peterborough, Canada
Dates: July 27th– August 11th 2019
Purpose of Role:
|Lacrosse Scotland is looking for a qualified, experienced and enthusiastic individual to take on the position of Athletic Trainer/Physio for the upcoming U19 Lacrosse World Cup. This is an exciting opportunity to join our staff and players as we represent Scotland and compete alongside over 24 teams in this 10-day tournament. Our team will be arriving to Canada on July 26th to have practices/scrimmages in the lead up to the opening ceremony on August 1st.|
|Applicants must exhibit;
• Passion for sports, quality health and people
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Applied knowledge to sports-related injuries
• Quick decision-making skills
|Applicants must be available to treat players pre, during and post-game for injury prevention, support and recovery.
· Maintain medical supply stock
· Liaise with Coaching staff and parents about players injuries and any action plans needing implemented
· Side-line training support during game play
· Coordinate and advise injury prevention strategies to team/players
|As our program is unfunded, this is an unsalaried position and we will be unable to provide travel expenses to/from the start/end of the tournament.
However, we will be providing all accommodation, food and transport throughout the entire tournament dates. We will also be covering all expenses of medical and athletic training supplies used to facilitate care to our players.
Successful candidates will also receive staff apparel to wear on the side-lines and throughout the tournament.
|Please create a cover letter demonstrating why you are best suited to the role, attach it to your CV/Resume and send to:
Further Tournament Information can be found through this link: https://2019u19wclax.wordpress.com/