WellFort is seeking a 0.5FTE part time Physiotherapist!
Maternity Leave Replacement.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
• Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and health education for acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in quality assurance and peer review processes.
• Is an active member and contributes on a number of interdisciplinary teams.
• Works in the health centre and in outreach locations in accordance with WellFort’s service plan
• History taking medical/health background, psycho social, economic, functional and family status.
• Completing focused and generalized musculoskeletal physical examinations, and referrals as appropriate.
• Assessment for assistive devices needs, completing applications for the Assistive Devices program.
• Providing individual counseling to clients utilizing a self-management approach.
• Ongoing evaluation and modification of the care plan.
• Bachelor/Masters of Science in Physiotherapy from a recognized university.
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
• Eligible for membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a health care setting with preferred experience in the community.
• Demonstrated commitment to best practices, ongoing learning, and client driven care.
• Experience working with WellFort’s target populations and communities.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• An understanding of or a strong commitment to adopting an Anti-Oppression practice.
• Excellent communication skills along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Familiar with client driven and self-management approaches to CDSM.
• Proficient in various software applications including EMR’s.
• Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca or view our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9-ulQplpQ
Salary range: $58,018 – $69,335
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by August 6th, 2018 to email@example.com
Please put “Physio0718” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.