SPC Diploma Mentors. We need you!!!
The Saskatchewan Section is looking for Diploma and Certificate holding members to offer their services as mentors to newer Physiotherapists looking to progress through the SPC Certificate/Diploma Program. If you are interested in being a mentor, please contact us and we will have you added as a Provincial Mentor on the Sport Physiotherapy Canada List.
Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award
This Award was established in the memory and celebration of the lives of Lindsay and Chris Facca. This annual award recognizes Saskatchewan physiotherapists who embody the qualities and ideals of the Facca’s and who have shown accomplishment and successful completion in either the certificate or diploma portion of the Sport Physiotherapy Canada credentialing program.
To be considered for the $1000.00 Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award, Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered physiotherapist in the province of Saskatchewan and a Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
- Must show proof of successful completion of the certificate or diploma portion of the SportPhysiotherapy Canada credentialing program in the same calendar year in which the Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award is to be granted
- Has not receive the Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award in the past
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a Application Form. All materials must be postmarked no later than June 1st , 2018. Complete and forward the form and the required documentation to the SPC- SK. Division Membership Director at Saskatchewan@sportphysio.ca
Student Merit Award
Congratulations to this year’s winner Joelle Nerbas!!!
Humboldt Broncos Tragedy
The tragic accident in Saskatchewan on April 6, 2018 hit home for many of our Sport Physiotherapy Canada- Saskatchewan Division members. We have spent many hours on similar bus trips with the various teams over the years. Our deepest sympathies and ongoing prayers to the families and friends of those injured in the accident, to the Humbolt Broncos organization and the entire community of Humbolt. Special prayers for the loved ones of our colleague Dayna Brons, Athletic Therapist for the Humbolt Broncos, who was also injured in the accident on Friday. Sadly she succumbed to her injuries earlier today.
Messages for Dayna’s family and friends can be sent to email@example.com.
Donations for Dayna and those injured in the accident can be made at https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos. #prayforHumbolt #broncostrong #saskatchewan
Sue Meyers – 2018 Recipient of Sask Sport Inc’s Volunteer Recognition Award.
Sue Meyers has been a member of SPC, SMSCS and the sporting community for over 35 years. She will receive her award at the annual Sask Sport Inc Sport Awards being held at the TCU Centre in Saskatoon on Thursday, March 22, 2018. Congratulations Sue!!
Third World Congress on Sports Physical Therapy
SPC is thrilled to announce we have been chosen by IFSPT as the 2019 hosts of the Third World Congress for Sports Physical Therapy. Join us in Vancouver October 2019 to examine topics around the topic from High Performance to Clinical Practice! Stay Tuned for details.
Connect with us and be first to hear as news on the conference is released!
- Twitter: @spc2019
- Instagram: spc2019
- Facebook: spc2019
Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers
Two years ago, Sport Physiotherapy Saskatchewan lost a member of its Executive, Lindsay Facca. She passed away suddenly on June 7, 2016 at the age of 29. Lindsay was working in Saskatoon at Craven Sport Services, and had recently received her Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. Lindsay had been an active member of the sports community for many years. She was a Student Trainer with the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Athletics program where she worked with the Soccer and Football teams. She was also a Huskie Track and Field Athlete from 2005-2009. To honour Lindsay’s memory, Huskie Athletics has created the “Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers”. This fund will provide scholarship assistance to members of the Huskie Student Trainer Program in support of their academic accomplishments so they can achieve their dreams. We want to ensure that Lindsay’s legacy endures.
We are reaching out to the Sport Physiotherapy family in support of this Fund. Contact us, if you wish to donate. Please help us honour Lindsay and her family.
If you have any questions, you may also contact Rhonda Shishkin at Huskie Athletics.
Upcoming Course Offerings
Sport First Responder — Fall 2018 in Saskatoon, SK
- Date: September 21-23, 2018
- Location: Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, SK
- Cost: $540 – full, $425 recert (no manual), $525 (new manual)m $510 (student member)
- Registration info: http://www.sportphysio.ca/events/spc-first-responder-for-sport-healthcare-professionals-saskatoon-sk-september-21-23/
Do you have course requests?
- Are there any major courses out there that you are interested in and would like to have in Saskatchewan? Let us know!
- Do you have questions about the credentials program? Please email us.
Ignite Physio Strength and Conditioning Rehab Mentorship Group
- What is this?
- a continuing education opportunity (monthly webinars and/or online lectures) for advanced learning and ed credits
- ongoing mentorship in application of clinical S&C to daily practice (clinical scenarios and feedback on programming, coaching, cueing, and technique)
- a discussion forum to get your clinical questions answered by myself and a team of experts on clinical S&C • ability to get feedback through video submissions
- ongoing development of content based in YOUR needs
- Registration info:
- Open to physiotherapists and Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Presented by: Dr. Scotty Butcher and Colleagues
- When: ongoing
- Where: online
- Cost: $49/month
Upcoming Event Coverage Opportunities
Canadian Rugby Championships, July 16-22, Saskatoon
Flag Football Nationals, July 27 – 29, Regina
- For more information, contact Scott Jule at the SMSCS.
- Stephanie Peppler – Executive Chair
- Matthew Okrainec – Secretary/Treasurer
- Kristie Mueller – Education Coordinator
- Leah White – Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Vacant – Membership Coordinator
- Vacant – Events Coordinator
- Jill Apshkrum – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liaison
- Daysha Shuya – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liaison
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org