**NEW** Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award
This Award was established in the memory and celebration of the lives of Lindsay and Chris Facca. This annual award recognizes Saskatchewan physiotherapists who embody the qualities and ideals of the Facca’s and who have shown accomplishment and successful completion in either the certificate or diploma portion of the Sport Physiotherapy Canada credentialing program.
To be considered for the $1000.00 Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award, Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered physiotherapist in the province of Saskatchewan and a Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
- Must show proof of successful completion of the certificate or diploma portion of the SportPhysiotherapy Canada credentialing program in the same calendar year in which the Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award is to be granted
- Has not receive the Lindsay and Chris Facca Memorial Credentialing Program Award in the past
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a Application Form. All materials must be postmarked no later than June 1st , 2018. Complete and forward the form and the required documentation to the SPC- SK. Division Membership Director at Saskatchewan@sportphysio.ca
Student Merit Award
SPC Saskatchewan Division Student Merit Award:
The Sport Physiotherapy Canada-SK Division Executive will continue to offer the $200.00 merit award to encourage and reward our student members for their participation in sport throughout the province. SPC-SK will award one $200 Merit Award to the most deserving student based on the following criteria:
1. Must be a registered physiotherapy student at the University of Saskatchewan in their third (graduating) year of the program
2. Must accumulate 20 or greater hours of team/event medical coverage
3. Have a minimum valid first aid and CPR certification or greater
4. Must be a current Sport Physiotherapy Canada member
5. Complete the application form
6. Complete the 250 word written essay on the topic provided
7. Provide a complete clinical resume including all volunteer hours spent working with teams/athletic events
*Please email email@example.com for a copy of the application form.
All materials must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2018.
* note all applicants who apply for the Merit Award and meet all the eligibility criteria will receive a one year free membership from Sport Physiotherapy Canada.
If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Jannalee Szymesko, the Membership Director of SPC-SK Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Lunch and Learn
We are planning this year’s Lunch and Learn event for May 2018! Stay tuned for more details!
Sue Meyers – 2018 Recipient of Sask Sport Inc’s Volunteer Recognition Award.
Sue Meyers has been a member of SPC, SMSCS and the sporting community for over 35 years. She will receive her award at the annual Sask Sport Inc Sport Awards being held at the TCU Centre in Saskatoon on Thursday, March 22, 2018. Congratulations Sue!!
Our annual AGM will be held in conjunction with the SCPT and SPA AGMs this year on the weekend of April 27th and 28th in Regina.
- Date: April, 28, 2018
- Time: 8:00am – 9:00am, Cumberland West Room, Travelodge Hotel Regina
- **There will be an option to join via conference call. Stay tuned for more details.
Third World Congress on Sports Physical Therapy
SPC is thrilled to announce we have been chosen by IFSPT as the 2019 hosts of the Third World Congress for Sports Physical Therapy. Join us in Vancouver October 2019 to examine topics around the topic from High Performance to Clinical Practice! Stay Tuned for details.
Connect with us and be first to hear as news on the conference is released!
Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers
Two years ago, Sport Physiotherapy Saskatchewan lost a member of its Executive, Lindsay Facca. She passed away suddenly on June 7, 2016 at the age of 29. Lindsay was working in Saskatoon at Craven Sport Services, and had recently received her Certificate in Sport Physiotherapy from Sport Physiotherapy Canada. Lindsay had been an active member of the sports community for many years. She was a Student Trainer with the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Athletics program where she worked with the Soccer and Football teams. She was also a Huskie Track and Field Athlete from 2005-2009. To honour Lindsay’s memory, Huskie Athletics has created the “Lindsay Facca Memorial Fund for Student Trainers”. This fund will provide scholarship assistance to members of the Huskie Student Trainer Program in support of their academic accomplishments so they can achieve their dreams. We want to ensure that Lindsay’s legacy endures.
We are reaching out to the Sport Physiotherapy family in support of this Fund. Contact us, if you wish to donate. Please help us honour Lindsay and her family.
If you have any questions, you may also contact Rhonda Shishkin at Huskie Athletics.
Upcoming Course Offerings
Sport First Responder — April 27-29, 2018 in Regina, SK
Sports First Responder Certification $595
Friday April 27, 2018 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday April 28, 2018 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday April 29, 2018 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sports First Responder Re-Certification $445
Friday April 27, 2018 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturday April 28, 2018 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday April 29, 2018 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Location: CBI Synergy Physio, 2332 Scarth Street, Regina, SK, S4P 2J7
Email: email@example.com For details and to register.
Do you have course requests?
- Are there any major courses out there that you are interested in and would like to have in Saskatchewan? Let us. know!
- Do you have questions about the credentials program? please email us.
Ignite Physio Strength and Conditioning Rehab Mentorship Group.
What is this?
• a continuing education opportunity (monthly webinars and/or online lectures) for advanced learning and ed credits
• ongoing mentorship in application of clinical S&C to daily practice (clinical scenarios and feedback on programming, coaching, cueing, and technique)
• a discussion forum to get your clinical questions answered by myself and a team of experts on clinical S&C • ability to get feedback through video submissions
• ongoing development of content based in YOUR needs
Open to physiotherapists and Strength and Conditioning Coaches
Presented by: Dr. Scotty Butcher and Colleagues
Upcoming Event Coverage Opportunities
- Ringette Western Canadians (March 22-24)
- Sask Volleyball U15 Women Provincials (April 14-15)
- Sask Judo Provincials (April 21)
- Sask Volleyball U15 Men Provincials (April 20-22)
- Sask Volleyball U13/14 Women Provincials (April 20-22)
- Sask Volleyball U14 Men Provincials (April 27-29)
- Sask Volleyball U16 Women Provincials (April 27-29)
- Sask Volleyball U18 Women/Men Provincials (May 5-6)
- Sask Volleyball U17 Women Provincials (May 5-6)
- Sask Volleyball U12 Women/Men Provincials (May 5-6)
Stephanie Peppler – Executive Chair
Matthew Okrainec – Secretary/Treasurer
Kristie Mueller – Education Coordinator
Leah White – Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Jannalee Edgar – Membership Coordinator
Amanda Lloyd-Haubrich – Events Coordinator
Jill Apshkrum – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liaison
Louise Ashcroft – Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan (SMSCS) Liaison
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org