A physiotherapist who holds their Certificate Level credentials has demonstrated knowledge and skills in sport physical therapy that contribute to the assessment and treatment of athletic injuries in the clinical and field (acute care) setting. A Certificate Holder demonstrates competence in working independently at an athletic event and has sufficient knowledge and experience to attend to injuries and needs that may occur.
Certificate Level Requirements:
- Proof of graduation in physiotherapy
- A member in good standing with CPA.
- A member in good standing with SPC.
- Successful completion of Credential Program Applicant (old Certificate Candidate) status.
- Copy of a valid First Responder or Sport First Responder Certificate.
- Experience: A minimum of 200 hours of documented practical experience as a graduate Physiotherapist. A minimum of 75 hours of which must be in a contact sport. Proof of reports to Credentials Officer.
- Letter of recommendation from a recognized Mentor in the SPC Education System.
- Application/Administration fee payable to Sport Physiotherapy Canada (SPC).