|Date:||March 31st, 2018 from 8:00am to5:00pm America/Toronto|
Manual Sport Massage
Massage is an essential treatment tool for physiotherapists. In a sport setting, quick and effective techniques are essential to deploy. This one day course will cover:
- Explain indications, contraindications, and precautions of massage in athletics.
- Differentiate the physiological bases for pre-event and post-event massage.
- Explain the mechanical, reflexive and psychological effects of common massage techniques used in sports.
- Demonstrate the types of massage including effleurage, petrissage, tapotement, vibration, and frictions.
- Demonstrate an appropriate and effective pre-event and post-event massage for a given sport, with emphasis on muscle groups, positioning, handling and sequence of techniques.
Location: Toronto, Ontario *location TBA
Date: March 31, 2018
SPC Member $150 plus tax
Non- Member $170 plus tax